Sunday 27 February 2011

Shirley's image plates

Evening all!
This is my first installment of my dalliances with Shirley's image plates.

From the A series I got 4, 9, 15 and 16. From the B series, 1, 3, 8, 11 and 19. I tried so hard to take a decent photo and I failed miserably. These things are so difficult to photograph without a reflection :-S. Even with the light box; which is now in tatters after it got battered and my kiddie's foot went through it, couldn't do the plates any justice.
Yup, that's me.
Look at the size difference! On the left is the Bundle Monster plate and on the right is Shirley's plate (SdP)

 These are from Shirley's site...a lot better than mine, lol!

 A09
 A15
 A16
 B01
 B03
 B08
 B11
 B19


Hmm. I was a bit heavy handed with the stamper and also smudged the pinkie nail with a non-Konad topcoat...but I love this design. The images are deep and precise; no mismatched patterns or bumps lie I have found in some of my BM plates.  Unfortunately, this manicure doesn't do the design justice, so next time I'll ditch the Konad polish and use a normal one (I have better luck with those). 

I'll be posting manicures with the rest of these as often as I can.  Sorry if I've fed your plate frenzy folks...

Oh and by the way, I bought all of these plates myself. :-)
xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These look so cool, I love the designs! I wish I could get these in the US but I can't figure out how to navigate her site & the prices in euros. :(
    Do the full nail images actually cover the whole nail? You know how Bundle Monster's require 2 and sometimes 3 repeat stamps to fill the whole nail.... Just wondering! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post!

    I must be strong and wait to April....must be strong!...Omg i want them all!!!!

    i love the mani!...its so cute!.. i cant wait to more installments of these plates!

    /hugs - hope your well hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Leslie. I just sent Shirley an email about the plates she'd put on her blog and I got a reply straight away; the site wasn't up at that time. And yes, full images are big enough to cover a nail fully. I don't have to worry about lining up patterns anymore! x

    @Sarahlouise...Take it easy lady! I had you in mind, lol! I'm itching to do a black and white mani with one of these, but now I'm spoilt for choice! I'm good luvvy, hope you have a good Monday :-P x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty patterns...! And I love big full images cause BM plates are to small for my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley has some very nice plates. Love your mani with the flowers. I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. - i cant wait to see how the full images on - a15 b03 b19 look!...I think i'm calm-ish now lol...work tired me today..and i had a filling / ouch!

    black and white is a classic look which i know you will pull off - cant wait to see it =)

    /hugs to you as always! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh some of those image plates are so lovely! I like the red and white. Actually this would look really neat with blue like that old porcelain dining ware.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.