Monday 5 March 2012

Denim zippers!

Hey everyone.

I don't know how many of you have ever created your own 'zipper' manicure either by way of free-hand paint or with embellishments, but I have been meaning to try it for ages. I actually have TWO zipper images on some stamping plates, but up until now, I haven't used them. I'm not about to go into how many plates are sat here covered in the same blue cellophane wrapping I received them in.

Anyway, I digress.  I was contacted a while ago by Maggie at KKcenterHk and asked to review one of their items. Of course, I accepted...and guess what I chose?


Gold zipper water decals by N.Nail. Ahhhh yeaahhh.

I used the very beautiful Tristam by a-england as a base colour (two coats).  This polish was actually bought exactly a year ago and is still the only a-england polish I own.  If only the photographs could actually convey how lovely this shade it. The holographic qualities are amazing and it was PERFECT for denim manicure. The pink polish was from a nail art pen and I added a little glitter too.

 The water decals were spaced wide enough so that they were easy to cut and they didn't take long to detach from the card after soaking in water for a few seconds. I was pleased to see that they were sturdy and didn't stick together or tear when I removed them (yay!). There is nothing worse than a thin decal that sticks to itself when you remove it from the card! I am also happy to report that the decals did not disintegrate when I used my top coat either - I hate it when that happens as well.

These decals can be bought from KKcenterHk and they also come in silver (for those of you who prefer a less gaudy manicure). Feel free to use my discount code : BLGA402AS10 to receive a 10% discount if you want to make a purchase.

I was trying to make it look like there was pink underwear under that denim on my nails...I didn't do a very good job. Perhaps if I'd painted on a lace pattern, that might have helped. Not sure.

I actually really liked these decals (and you aren't surprised are you?).  I did draw a bit of attention to myself when I wore this, but then I got a little embarrassed and had to take it off.  I think the pink underwear idea was at the forefront of my mind when people were complementing me *blush*.

So would you have gone for zippers or something a little more sedate? Let me know your thoughts, as always.

xx

26 comments:

  1. Ohhh!! I love that!! The Zippers are amazing!! I used to have Zipper earrings that I would wear out! And I LOVE Tristam! I need to get my hands on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I had one that I'd wear in one ear - a black zipper!

      Delete
  2. Wooow!!! This is amazing, it really does look like denim! The zippers are so cute, and I love them in gold! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the best colour for denim, right?!;)

      Delete
  3. The polish, the zippers... Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Chica...I like your GFC name :)

      Delete
  5. These are awesome! I have a stamping plate with a zip on it, I need to try it!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Helly. I've yet to use my own plates...terrible, I know!

      Delete
  6. Amazing!!! This pink underwear especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it Liane!!! I showed it to my husband and he said "that's hot!" ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. Tell Hubby I said 'cheers', lol!

      Delete
    2. I'm so late, but I'll pass on the message ;0).

      Delete
  8. I love that! Especially the underwear :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. I couldn't wait to try these out. I do love decals.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.