Friday 17 February 2012

UPDATE on my Mavala 'Double-Lash' eyelash growth experiment

This was not one of my more popular posts, but I wanted to give you an update on the Mavala Double-Lash eyelash solution that I showcased here in January.  I'd originally thought about updating every week to show my progress, but after the first week, that idea was completely laughable - there was no change!

I bought this for about £10 in Boots.

Start date 13th January, with product.

Today, with product. Ermmmm, I don't really see a positive difference on the lower lash line. The upper lash looks a little thicker in some places, but I don't know if that's because my big ol' eyeball is a little to the left.

13th January with mascara OVER the product. The right side of the lower lash line was where I was looking for progress.

Today with product and mascara. Well, my upper lashes are not doing anything amazing right now, but that lower lash line DOES seem to have a bit of improvement after all.

To be clear, I've used this product once a day, mostly in the morning. The directions suggest night-time use, but after removing make-up at night and then putting on the product, I sometimes experienced a stinging sensation on my lash line. I think this is because I'm pretty rough when I remove my mascara (I use tea tree oil face wash and then go back again and use a vitamin e oil cream remover).  I didn't want to risk causing unnecessary problems with my delicate eye area, so after washing my face in the morning, I'd apply the product and when it was dry, I'd add mascara - no sting. I had no other negative side effects either and I wear glasses AND contact lenses.

I wouldn't suggest wearing this product on its own - it leaves a white residue. You wouldn't want people to think you were walking around with crusty eyes.

Would I buy it again? Well, for that tiny improvement, I think £10 was a bit steep. There are other eyelash growth products available, which cost far more...but I'd rather buy nail polish! I'll use the bottle until it's empty, so if there is any further progress, I'll let you know.

Thanks for reading folks!

xx

1 comment:

  1. OMG! the final result is soooo amazing!! Love ur lashes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.