Tuesday 15 May 2012

College work - Acrylic nails

I did say that I'd come back to you with some pictures of the work that I did on Saturday.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but in my haste trying to finish up with enough time to grab a drink between clients, I forgot to take ANY photo's of my first set of nails! My second client actually reminded me to take some pictures before the nail enhancement process began (because she knows that I'm always taking pictures of nails).

Client's right hand, before any preparation began.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any after photographs so when I remembered, I asked the client to send me a picture of them. 
You may not be able to see this so well, but this is a full set of acrylic nails, polish and a very simple striping design that covered four out of the seven nail art competencies that I had to demonstrate: dotting, striping, free-hand and adding flat-stones (gems, fimo slices, sequins...). I still have foiling, glittering with loose glitter and marbling with a tool to demonstrate. Honestly, I did not have any time left to do something fancy and really, we weren't being assessed on extravagence - we just had to show that we knew what to do.

My client was pleased with her enhancements and design, and I was happy that she was happy. This did take about 2.5 hours to complete; half an hour longer that I was actually allowed. Initially I was disappointed that it took so long, but then I did have to wait for four layers of polish to dry properly because I'd left my Seche Vite at home. I also had to get the client to complete a medical questionnaire and ask my tutor to explain some paperwork to me. 

Okay, that's it! I have overlays and maintenance next week. I'll do my best to remember some photos then.

xx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Marisa. You've made me smile x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job! Perfect length... Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazingly beautiful! I love the color, and will forever be a fan of accent nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work, as always! 2.5 hours is awesome!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love the colour :-) can't wait to do a nail tech course! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.