Monday 31 December 2012

2013, welcome...(NYE mani enclosed!)

As I sit here typing at my archaic PC, after a major laptop crisis...which ended up being no crisis at all, I'm pondering over this old year. During 2012 I managed to accomplish several goals I have set myself and also gain from experiences I never thought I'd have.  In terms of the 'nailism', I got my qualifications, insurance, set up a website (which I did not promote, due to my health being fragile) and had the new-found confidence to take my skills and passion to a different level.

Throughout all of this my blog fell to the wayside, because being a mother to small children, an employee, a blogger, a nail art lover, a nail painter to myself, a manicurist to others and a session nail technician became a little overwhelming. The session work came as a pleasant and welcomed surprise, but my love of late nights, early mornings, busy days and a stressful office job meant that something had to give.

This year, I aim to be more organised and actually read the 'to-do' lists that I make at home. Perhaps diarising things may ease the anxiety I've felt on occasion, when I've sat here staring at the 'compose' page.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my blog (hence the little overhaul), I hate that I've neglected it.

I will now post everything I do, my nails and other peoples too. My love for polish and nail art has not changed; I've just been a little pre-occupied.

 What I'm wearing right now...Jacava's 'Blueberry Muffin'*

 Can I just say that I love this shade?? It's a British brand (whoop, whoop!) and it's 4-free, meaning there's no formaldehyde, toluene, camphor or DBP in it to be of detriment to your health.

 I couldn't stop staring at my nails.

 I'm also loving my acrylics...I've missed having nails *sobs*

And to make this manicure more New Year worthy, I threw glitter at it.
 Why the drips? I don't know, I just like drips!


I'll end, saying only that I wish you all the very best this year. Make those dreams work in 2013...

xx
*Sent to me for my coconsideration.

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Praying everything falls into place for you in 2013, things aren't so manic, your health is strengthened and that you fulfill everything your heart desires xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie-you of all people know how things can be!
      Here's hoping you have a happy, healthy, spiritual 2013. Xxx

      Delete
    2. Indeed I do :) Looking forward to what 2013 has in store xxx

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful nails and a gorgeous colour.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A happy and prosperous new year to you too :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness I am in love with that shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty one, isn't it? I love it too - I must confess.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.