I'm still wearing the same manicure so no pics tonight :-P
I've been tagged for a few awards recently (they've been doing the rounds - and quite rightly so...I've seen a lot of gorgeousness since I've been on blogger)
The rules are: copy the picture, answer the questions and send it to your favorite blogs! So, here goes:
1. Why did you start this blog?
What better way to indulge in my hobby and communicate with like-minded folk? I don't know any other people as nail obsessed as my readers and others that I follow so the blogosphere was the best place for me to be.
2. What kind of blogs do you read?
Primarily nail related blogs. I read some make-up/style blogs but only tend to wear make-up on an evening out...or when I have spots. I'm too lazy to re-apply during the day.
3. Do you have a favorite make-up brand ?
I don't have one! I would love to use 'drugstore' make-up but I can never find a good foundation for my skin-tone. At the moment I'm using some mineral foundation by ELF.
4. What about the favorite clothing brand?
I wear what I think looks good on me (but I do tend to find myself in H&M quite a bit!) I'm not into designer brands but I will go all out when I have a wedding to go to!
5. What piece in you make-up bag is the most important to you?
MASCARA!! Only Max Factor will do. So maybe I should change the answer to no.3?
6. Your favorite color?
7. Favorite perfume?
That depends on how I feel on the day, but I've nearly finished my Theirry Mugler 'Angel'.
8. Your favorite movie?
I have no idea!
9. What countries/islands would you like to visit?
Hawaii (for now, because I've been lucky to have visited several places so far).
The 'Blog with Substance' award was also given to me by Blu, with these rules:
1. Thank and link back to the giver of the award.
2. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using 5 words.
3. Pass it on to other bloggers that you feel have substance in their blogs
I'm not good at summing things up. I like to ramble. So no.2 is:
Impossible to do in five.
Biba, Kristina and Amanda
1. Thank and link the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers to tell them about this award!
1. I wear glasses and contact lenses but would never have corrective eye surgery. I actually like my glasses.
2. I intend to take a nail tech course this year.
3. Pushing back cuticles makes me feel physically ill. Can't do it to myself, can't do it to anyone else because I feel faint. Can you imagine me passing out when the nail tech tutor tells me to clip someones cuticles? Pass the bucket please. Seriously, it's an irrational fear that I'll just have to get over.
4. I have weird nicknames for my daughters. The five year old is 'Flummoxine' and the five month old is 'Bombashers'. They are just so scrummy that real words couldn't go far enough to describe them.
5. I like Disneyland but I'm scared of the people dressed up as cartoon characters. There could be an axe murderer hiding in that Minnie Mouse costume...*shudder*.
6. I'm trying to grow my hair to my (natural) waistline and I'm about 3 inches away when my hair is stretched.
7. I'm in my early 30's (you'll know exactly how old if you've been reading my blog in the last few months), but I can pass for, and probably act like, someone a lot younger. My eldest thinks that my husband and I are like teenagers and she considers her grandparents to be 'real' adults. In my heart I'm still in my early 20's and I don't quite feel like a grown-up, despite having kiddies, a husband, a cat and other adult responsibilities. My job role commands respect from service users and I have had people initially questioning my ability at first glance because I look a lot younger than I am. I've been told by plenty that I'll appreciate it one day...I'm still waiting. Jokes aside, it can be quite frustrating.
Truth be known, I've been working at this post for over an hour and as there are so many of the bloggers I like who have either got these awards or gave them to me, it's hard to make a list.
I therefore tag all of you - 'The Usual Suspects' - who visit me and/or regularly comment on my blog posts. I'm not going to list you all because you know who you are *wags finger at you*. I know that some of you ladies already have these awards so please don't feel obligated to answer questions or whatever. Just know that I really do appreciate seeing your names and your lovely comments. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO YOU NEW FOLLOWERS WHO HAVE BEEN VISITING AND LEAVING COMMENTS TOO. PLEASE ACCEPT THESE AWARDS AND PASS THEM ALONG WHEN YOU ARE READY.
I seeeee yoooooou!