Monday 22 April 2013

Powerpuff nails!

It's been a while since I've been on the blog, but here is a manicure that I'm pretty pleased with.

My eldest daughter likes to pick at her nails and in order to stop her from doing this, I've had to start bribing her...with nail art. During the Easter holidays, I told her that she could have any nail art of her choice, providing she didn't pick and tear at her nails. She chose this:

 The Powerpuff girls! Do you like the way she modelled the Barry M 'Blueberry'?

I'm not the best at painting faces but these came out alright. This was done with acrylic paint and a tiny brush.

Hope you like it as much as my daughter did. This lasted for just over a week!

xx

8 comments:

  1. Oh these are super cute! I love characters nail art. It's a great way to stop your daughter from picking her nails (I'll remember this for when I have kids myself hihi) Glad to hear she loves it too ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to say that it worked - I'm going to have to pull something spectacular out of the bag next time, hahaha!

      Delete
  2. This is soooo cute!!! I think that's a great bribe!! I would do the same thing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome!!! still the best cartoon ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I used to love this show - I indulge with my daughter via YouTube now :)

      Delete
  4. I think the result is quit impressive! But do you paint with acrilic instead polish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Yes, I used acrylic paint because I prefer the crisp look of it...plus mistakes are easier to remove, hahaha.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.