Friday 20 April 2012

New nails and glitter

Happy Friday folks.

Yesterday I told you that I'd changed my nail shape. I did it partly because I thought my square shape needed updating and partly because I could never get the square I really wanted.

 My 'square' nails wearing Essie's 'St Lucia Lilac'. I don't file the side walls at all - they just curve inwards and I hate it.  Only when I've been in the shower or washed up without gloves do my nails uncurl and have the shape I like.


 They curved inwards so much that they practically looked almond shaped. I took the plunge and got my file out...

 Observe the MEGA shrinkage on the index finger courtesy of Seche Vite. I love it but hate it so. It doesn't seem to set nicely when it's slathered on. I'm just too heavy handed with my polish :(
They look a lot shorter too!

For now, I like them. Knowing me, I'll slope back to the square nails again at some point though.

13 comments:

  1. Loving the St Lucia lilac. So pretty. Will definitely be giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beauty, definitely. My first set of Essie's from a generous blogger friend :)

      Delete
  2. I love this mani!!! Your nail shape looks nice. Wonder why it's curling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much MariJo. I think the curling is due to dehydration, too much polish remover, not enough moisturiser. I was ill recently and needed strong drugs so I guess that's all contributed :(

      Delete
  3. I really like your new nail shape. To be honest, I love how squared tips look on you. My nails also curve in as they grow, I know it can get annoying, especially with stamping... I love your nails either way :) That shade is beautiful and it's funny because I am wearing Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac, ahahah. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike, huh? Haha! Thank you Carol. Sometimes the curling isn't that bad, but recently I've just had enough of it. I'll definitely go back to square though; this is just an experiment I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah my nails curl like that when they are dry. A soak in water helps. But now I have them short so no curling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also went down the oval route with my nails about a month ago. I love the look of square nails but I, too, couldn't get mine exactly how I wanted so I went oval. I think this shape looks more flattering for me anywho, and looks great on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new nail shape is super cute! I've always liked the almond shaped nails, but am too scared to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous mani! You should try Cult Nails - Wicked Fast, best top coat i've used and does not shrink nearly as bad as SV

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you like what you see here. Feel free to leave a comment.
Please don't leave your website link in this section unless I ask for it. I WILL delete your comment. If you want me to visit your blog, you can email me... :-)
Have a great day.